"Beyond Food: Exploring alternative food scenarios"
August 19th – 25th 2018
Katharina Unger is a thought leader in the space of design for sustainability, food and agricultural innovation. She has worked as a design advisor and consultant in agencies and for her own clients in London, Hong Kong, Vienna, across the USA and Africa.
She founded Livin Studio and Livin Farms, companies leading in the field of edible insects and novel food innovations. She is an Alumna of the US Fulbright Program and studied Industrial Design and Design for Social Impact both in Europe and the US. For her work, she received the RedDot Design Award, the Braun Prize Sustainability Award, the Bio Art and Design Award (NL), the Core 77 International Design Award, as well as numerous other awards, fellowships and stipends.
"Exploring alternative food scenarios"
August 19th – 25th
Our food system is complex, sometimes inefficient and resource-intense. The only ones who can really impact such a large system are the players within it: the people. It is people that grow food or process foods. It is people who transport food or create stories and recipes about it. And it is people who ultimately choose a product and bring it onto their kitchen tables. This workshop is taking a human-centred approach to designing solutions around food that have the potential to have impact on a systems level.
• Accommodation & food are included
• We can accommodate for special catering
• All participants sleep in dormitories
• To book a private room or bring additional guests, get in touch: email@example.com
• Our staff are available to help you conceptualize & produce your designs
• Tools & materials are provided by Boisbuchet
• All workshops are taught in English
• The number of participants is limited to 22
> Read about our educational approach