August 27th – September 2nd 2017
Lex Pott (born 1985) employs a raw and intuitive working method. He always returns to the origins of the materials he uses - mostly wood, stone and metal. He does not hide his designs under indirect layers but reduces them to their very essence. Pott graduated cum laude in 2009 at the Design Academy Eindhoven and today works from his own design studio based in Rotterdam.
August 27th – September 2nd
The main focus of this workshop is to experiment with natural elements such as metal, wood, cork, plants, and clay and to identify their most interesting properties by applying various techniques such as oxidation, colour-mixing, photosynthesis, or polishing. We’ll create a library of experiments and material samples that we’ll then use as a starting point for the design of storytelling objects. Finally, the whole procedure can be projected on multiple materials and techniques. It is thus a completely process driven workshop that explores the fun of making related to the material’s true values.
• accommodation & food are included
• we can accommodate for special catering
• all participants sleep in dormitories
> to book a private room or bring additional guests, get in touch: email@example.com
• our staff is available to help you conceptualize & produce your designs
• tools & materials are provided by Boisbuchet
• all workshops are taught in English
• the number of participants is limited to 22
> Read about our educational approach