Bertjan Pot (NL)
Grass with Pot
July 21st – July 27th 2019
Bertjan Pot Netherlands
Bertjan Pot is a designer, probably best known for his Random Light (1999) and his ongoing collection of masks. Both projects started as material research, which is basically the starting point of each product created by Bertjan Pot. The outcome is usually a product showing a fascination for techniques, structures, patterns and colors.
Most experiments start quite impulsively by a certain curiosity for how things would function or how something would look. From there Pot takes on challenges with manufacturers to explore possibilities and push the boundaries a bit. The reward for each challenge is a new one.Visit his WEBSITE
This is inviting designers, architects, textile designers, fashion designers, and other creative enthusiasts who like to work hands on.
Textile is often approached from its stylistic side because of its potential in color, materials and tactility. Although my own work is very colourful and considered stylish by many, I find the most inspiring part of textile in its construction. How fibers can come together to make textile or an object is much more interesting to me than it’s final stylish looks. Not that I don’t like ‘pretty’ it’s just not the starting point for me.
For this workshop the primary material will be grass that grows in an abundance at Boisbuchet. By twining and twisting the long natural fibers of grass with our bare hands we can make it into rope and by braiding, weaving, knotting and knitting this rope we develop the potential of this super common material and different textile techniques in general. The outcome can be architectural, fashionable, somewhere in between or maybe even both.
- Accommodation & food are included
- We can accommodate for special catering
- All participants sleep in dormitories
- To book a private room or bring additional guests, get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our staff are available to help you conceptualize & produce your designs
- Tools & materials are provided by Boisbuchet
- All workshops are taught in English
- The number of participants is limited to 22
- Weekly campfire, exhibition & guided tour of the Domaine
- Conferences from designers throughout the week
- The famous Wednesday Porky’s party