Lex Pott (NL)
July 7th – July 13th 2019
Lex Pott Netherlands
Lex Pott (born 1985) employs a raw and intuitive working method. He always returns to the origins of the materials he uses – mostly wood, stone and metal. He does not hide his designs under indirect layers but reduces them to their very essence. Pott graduated cum laude in 2009 at the Design Academy Eindhoven and today works from his own design studio based in Rotterdam.Visit his WEBSITE
I like aging materials and often go back to the different stages of a material's processing in experiments with natural materials in their “cultivated” and natural state. This workshop exposes participants to experience various materials such as wood, metal and stone and to experiment with their aging process as well as a reversion of that.
The oxidation of metal and a kind of acceleration of time will be our starting point. One of the aspects in our work with wood will be to explore its natural versus its cultivated condition; but we'll certainly go further here since wood is an obvious time capsule in itself. Another challenge will be to carve out the elemental notions of time in various kinds of stone.
I'll bring some nice materials and prepare various experiments with these materials in order to allow interesting overlaps. The first days will be about trying and learning while the upcoming days of our workshop are about defining your own thoughts and methods.
- Accommodation & food are included
- We can accommodate for special catering
- All participants sleep in dormitories
- To book a private room or bring additional guests, get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our staff are available to help you conceptualize & produce your designs
- Tools & materials are provided by Boisbuchet
- All workshops are taught in English
- The number of participants is limited to 22
- Weekly campfire, exhibition & guided tour of the Domaine
- Conferences from designers throughout the week
- The famous Wednesday Porky’s party