Boisbuchet Residency Award 2019
April 18, 2019
WIN A DESIGN WORKSHOP IN BOISBUCHET
Domaine de Boisbuchet is a unique, off-the-wall design destination situated on the French countryside. Each year we organize a series of interdisciplinary workshops where students and professionals from all over the world come together for a week of experimental work with renowned designers, architects and artists.
Rules of the game
– Select amongst your own projects (realised or imagined) one which best interprets the theme « Bauhaus: Making History » as defined here below.
-Send us before MAY 12TH CEST Time (before midnight) an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing up to 4 pages in a pdf format (in high as well as in low definition) showing your (realised or imagined) creation and captioned in either English or French with SUBJECT LINE: 2019RESIDENCY_lastname_firstname. There are no further restrictions.
Boisbuchet’s Jury will select from all applications two winners who will receive workshop tuition, board and accommodation. Each winner will select a workshop to participate in between these four choices:
Theme: Making History
On the occasion of the Bauhaus centenary, our workshops this summer pay tribute to the innovations which that institution spearheaded in the 20th century. We’ll honour its alternative research gearing up for society’s future, its interdisciplinary experimentation, and its brave optimism.
But different than in 1919, it is today, above all, the examples of nature, sciences, and cultures that are studied in order to develop sustainable products, environments, and services. Also at Boisbuchet we have defined these concerns as the principle reason for our work.
And something else has changed: Today’s designers, architects, and companies – as well as us as individuals – are no longer just realizing projects; right away we also deliver their contexts and stories. Re-presentation has become an integral part of ourselves and our actions. And as we can know what we are doing wrong, making history has never been so responsible.
Terms and Conditions for our competition are:
- Participants are at least 18 years old and inscribed as student in a university.
- This competition is for participants outside of USA (if you are in the US and wish to participate to win one of our workshops please refer to our competition exclusive for the US here: LINK )
- Identify among your own (realised or imagined) creations one which best interprets the theme « Bauhaus: Making History» defined here above.
- Send before midnight May 12 (CEST time) an email to email@example.com with SUBJECT LINE: 2019RESIDENCY_lastname_firstname; containing up to 4 pages in a pdf format (in high as well as in low definition) showing your (realised or imagined) creation and captioned in either English or French.
- The jury is lead by Alexander von Vegesack, founder of the Domaine de Boisbuchet, Isabelle de Ponfilly, director of Vitra France, and designer Bertjan Pot. The 2 winners will be announced on the Domaine de Boisbuchet website on May 20th 2019.
- The two winners will be invited for 6 days to the Domaine de Boisbuchet in order to participate in a workshop of their choice – tuition, accommodation, board are included in the prize.
- Winners will select amongst the workshops: RE-THINK TO UP-CYCLE (Charlie Le Mindu + RE;CODE), A SACRED SPACE FOR BOISBUCHET (Paul Böhm), SLOW DOWN PLEASE (Marlène Huissoud), BEYOND FOOD: EXPLORING FUTURE FOOD SCENARIOS (Katharina Unger).
- A presentation of the winning designs will be organized during the winner’s stay at Boisbuchet, in presence of all the international participants and tutors that are present during that week. The winning designs will also be featured on Boisbuchet’s newsletter, website and social media.
We look forward to your application!