July 3rd – July 9th 2016
This is a workshop where nothing will ever be clear, nothing is fixed, and the final result can go to one side or to the completely opposite. The only really neat thing and our only possible success relates to the economy control – probably the most accurate you’ve experienced so far.
Both ideas are related to the several meanings of a BreakDown…
…and of course all of this comes typically seasoned with lightness, colour and nature.
elgasCano (José Selgas and Lucía Cano, both born in 1965) is an architectural firm in Madrid. It is a small atelier and its intention is to remain so. They have never taught at any university and they tend not to give lectures in order to focus intensely on their projects. They centre their work on the construction process’s investigation, treating it as a continuous listening to the largest possible number of elements involved – from manufacturing to installation. Their buildings are widely published – most notably their own studio in Madrid (2007), the Plasencia Auditorium and Congress Centre in Cáceres (2015-13) and their pavilion for the Serpentine Gallery in London (2015) – and make a strong contribution to today’s architectural debate. They have exhibited at the MoMA in NY, the Guggenheim in NY, the Venice Biennale, the GA Gallery in Tokyo, The MOT (Museum of Contemporary Art) of Tokyo and the Design Museum of London.selgascano.net
- Accommodation & food are included
- We can accommodate for special catering
- All participants sleep in dormitories
- To book a private room or bring additional guests, get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our staff are available to help you conceptualize & produce your designs
- Tools & materials are provided by Boisbuchet
- All workshops are taught in English
- The number of participants is limited to 22
- Weekly campfire, exhibition & guided tour of the Domaine
- Conferences from designers throughout the week
- The famous Wednesday Porky’s party