Francesca Sarti (IT)
July 31st – August 6th 2016
Where do you draw the line between copy and original? Natural and unnatural? False or true? Form and substance? What could this mean in food?
There are many examples that stand along that line: from fake mozzarellas, pristine snow white apples, no-meat burgers and cutlets, the industrial mimicking the natural, made in/assembled by, bio/non bio, lost in translation regional food like “spaghetti alla Bolognese”, edible trompe-lʼoeil, DOC, DOP and OGM… During our workshop we will investigate this topic and translate it in a summer food feast, an open air salon with “food stalls” like outpost of research, reflection and investigation. We’ll create edible occasions to make interesting statements for the present and future of food.
Francesca Sarti Italy
Francesca Sarti, born in Florence and based in London, is an architect with an interdisciplinary attitude, who has always combined fields of interest, experiences and research, focusing on the world around us through a critical and creative filter.
After working in the contemporary art world, in 2001 she founded the food design studio Arabeschi di Latte.
Blurring the boundaries between food and design, Arabeschi di Latte has created and exhibited a variety of food-related projects such as pop up cafés, special dinners, performances, installations and workshops around the world.
Using food as a tool to communicate, Arabeschi di Latte also creates special events and taylor-made projects for brands and institutions including: Selfridges, Marni, Fendi, Kenzo, Zegna, Molteni, Boffi, Caesarstione, Bitossi, Pitti Immagine; The New York Times, RCS, San Pellegrino, MAXXI, and London Fashion College.www.arabeschidilatte.org
- Accommodation & food are included
- We can accommodate for special catering
- All participants sleep in dormitories
- To book a private room or bring additional guests, get in touch: email@example.com
- Our staff are available to help you conceptualize & produce your designs
- Tools & materials are provided by Boisbuchet
- All workshops are taught in English
- The number of participants is limited to 22
- Weekly campfire, exhibition & guided tour of the Domaine
- Conferences from designers throughout the week
- The famous Wednesday Porky’s party